Inside Sales Executive
We have a vacancy for the position of an Inside Sales Executive within United Rental Group Limited, situated at our Chesterfield Head Office.
United Rental Group is a vibrant and busy business that employs energetic, happy and motivated people. You will be working alongside some great colleagues who love what they do.
United Rental Group owns and manages United Rental System, which is a Licensee network of more than 500 independent car and van hire companies, operating from over 650 rental locations throughout the UK. United Rental Group also manages SpireDrive which supplies a further 200 independent rental vehicles with our products. Excitingly United Rental Group now also operate from Florida, Nevada and California.
We currently have over 5000 vehicles on RentPlan in the UK, it will be part of your role to grow that number, quickly and efficiently. The role will also involve the promotion of ‘outright purchase’ vehicle sales and the split between these 2 duties will be ever changing.
The Inside Sales team can be a pressurised environment but also rewarding. This role involves working in a busy and fast-paced department, alongside the existing internal sales support team.
- Generate orders for both RentPlan and outright purchase products
- To make outbound sales calls for the Group businesses which include, United Rental System, SpireDrive and United Rental Group LLC (USA)
- Target our existing customer base (no cold calling) with our ever changing RentPlan offering
- Target replacement orders for RentPlan vehicles due to be de-fleeted
- Promote URG’s outright purchase offerings to Licensees using the telephone
- Promote special outright purchase deals as they become available and immediately target relevant Licensees
- Continue to maintain the excellent ongoing business relationship which will ‘help’ the Licensees buy products and services from the United Rental System portfolio
- Establish Customer needs and build new business sales going forward
- Assist with periodic sales campaigns involving the Development team and the Internal Sales team
- Assist with holiday cover within the Sales Support team when necessary
- Call URG USA Licensees when required, which may involve evening working from time to time
- Develop knowledge of and relationships with our large and varied network of customers
- Experience in a similar role
- The willingness and ability to turn a ‘maybe I will’ into an ‘ok your order is on its way’ using whatever means possible
- The ability to thrive and understand URG’s diverse and ever changing product range and a willingness to embrace the challenge of making a sale
- Outgoing and confident persona with a positive mental attitude and the thirst to sell and be successful
- Attention to detail and ability to pick up and learn vehicle specifications and our product range quickly and accurately
- Excellent verbal communication skills with sales ability
- The ability to learn quickly and succeed in pressurised conditions
- Disciplined, confident, self-motivated and able to prioritise workload effectively in order to meet department deadlines and sales expectations
- Numerical, computer literate with good keyboard skills and proficient in MS Office applications, e-mail, Word and Excel
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and a flexible team member with the ability to work within a diverse environment
- Works well on own initiative, as well as being a good team member
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills
This role involves working a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday, usually between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm with one hour for lunch. Flexibility on this may be required periodically (potential evening working for USA calls).
Salary: (depending on skills & experience)
Please send a written expression of interest to Helen Griffiths along with your CV and current salary details at helen.griffiths@URG.co.uk
Your covering letter should be no more than ½ of an A4 sheet of paper and your CV no more than 2 x A4. Please state your reasons for applying and your suitability to the role described above.
Closing Date: Applications to be received by Friday 29th January 2018.
We’re a great business with great people – be part of it!